Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Antiquing In Arkansas

Well after much ado I have some pictures ready to show you of some of the items I bought in Arkansas. 

I lost the cord to my camera that downloads the pictures to my laptop. I’ve looked for hours and finally found it in my laptop case! lol It wasn’t lost at all I was just looking in all the wrong places.

We had a great time in Arkansas viewing the beautiful foliage and stopping at all the flea markets and junk shops.  Most of the ones we stopped at were north of Little Rock on Highway 65.


Today I’m going to share some pictures of items I bought to sell in my booth at King’s Antiques.

First are these lovely 1950’s rhinestone earrings one pair that are clip on and one pair that screw on.  I bought these and a couple of other things from a nice couple who were closing their booth.

1950sclipearrings

1950sscrewearings

They still have a beautiful sparkle that you can't really see in these pictures.

I also picked up these rare Christmas bulbs from the same couple.

antiquelightbulbs

I must have silver on my mind because I bought several silver and silver plated items. Here are couple.

swanfrog1


I just fell in love with this swan candle holder with bowl and frog top for floral arrangements. It certainly didn’t look this good when I found it but cleaned up beautifully.

silverserver2


Also this lovely silver server with Pyrex dish. It has pineapple designs along the bottom and floral and ribbon details along the edges.

silverserver1


What a beautiful piece for your holiday table. I also picked up a silver backed dresser set (comb, brush, mirror) and a large silver plate jewelry box with floral designs.

1950stumbler

This mid-century tumbler set with carousel carrier brought back memories as soon as I saw it as  one of my aunts had the exact same set.  Great for those outdoor get to gathers. I love the colors and the faux wood grain sleeves.

blueoilheater


I just love the overall look and colors of this ca. 1950 oil burning heater. Wouldn’t it look great in a den or on a porch?

eggbasket

Baskets are really in right now and I picked up a couple including this egg basket.

goldfruitvase


I bought a couple of gold plaster items that I intend to paint before taking them to the shop.  One is this fruit covered vase. The other is a lyre magazine holder.

lyremagrack

I love the colors of this vintage trinket dish with handle made in Germany.

trinketbowlgermany

Also, a very hot item right now are the Napco vase heads. I already have a couple in the shop and I picked this lovely lady up to join them with her pearl necklace & earrings.


napcoblhatvase


Isn’t she pretty? There are so many of these I’ve seen everything from babies to little girls all dressed up holding an umbrella. Such a great collectible. Prices on these run from $65 to $150.

As you can see I did not buy any furniture. I have so much right now that I need to finish I left with the intention of only buying collectibles.  I have to say that there were a couple of times I really regretted that and practically begged my husband to rent a U-Haul. LOL I do love vintage furniture. Luckily common sense prevailed--for now.

We met some great folks and one family in particular I will be sharing more about in the next day or two as I just loved their shop and all the great painted furniture! I just knew I had to write about them and share their great antique shop with you so get ready to be impressed.

Well, I’m a day late but..
Boooo! Ya’ll! From Texas and happy painting.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...